Healthier skin in 1-2-3!
As we age, our pores expand and it becomes difficult for them to return to their original size. This is why learning how to shrink pores is so important! The aging of our bodies leads to a natural decrease in collagen production. Collagen is an important protein that creates elasticity in our skin. Without collagen to stretch and restore our skin, our pores stay larger for longer periods of time as dirt and toxins build up inside.
Our pores are usually of a size that varies from individual to individual. However, once they are clogged with dead skin cells, oil, and bacteria, they start to gain size. Without proper daily treatment, our pores will remain large and unflattering to look at. Often we feel uncomfortable in our skin.
How to Shrink Your Pores in 3 Steps
Don’t go to the spa every few weeks and feel beautiful again with these three simple steps to shrink your pores. They will help you work towards healthy, small and bacteria-free pores!
Keeping our bodies hydrated is one of the most important everyday tasks that we should remember. Proper hydration is key not only to shrinking your pores, but also to many other remedies for our skin and body. Drinking at least half a gallon of water a day is ideal for the organs to function properly. Our skin is our largest organ. It works optimally through the supply of constant water.
Although you may not always be able to drink this much water during the day at first, keep in mind that fruits and vegetables are filled with natural water that is healthy for your body. Our 21 Ways To Eat Your Water The guide offers more options to ensure you are getting the dose of water you need on a regular basis. In addition, is ours 12 easy ways to increase your water intake offers methods to help you moisturize and keep your skin healthy, resulting in a tighter and smaller appearance of pores.
It has been shown that water brings guaranteed results. “I’ve drank a gallon of distilled or spring water almost every day for the past six months. Not only have my pores shrunk significantly, but my skin has grown tenfold.” – Gale Compton, Co-Founder Thin woman
When our pores are clogged, they can’t get any smaller. Treating your skin with simple home spa treatments can go a long way in cleaning your pores and shrinking them.
Our DIY sensitive facial cleanser offers two main ingredients that are great for cleaning our skin and reducing the appearance of our pores. Yogurt contains lactic acid, which helps remove dead skin cells, while lemon juice contains citric acid, an antiseptic that helps exfoliate.
What should I do:
1. Mix one tablespoon of yogurt and one teaspoon of lemon juice in a small bowl.
2. Mix both of them with your fingertips and apply the mixture thoroughly on your face.
3. Leave on for 10 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
4. Use a natural moisturizer on your face. Try shea butter or coconut oil.
5. You can use this cleaner two to three times a week.
3. Dry brush
The final step involves a new technique that is becoming increasingly popular. Cell stimulation uses dry brushing to pull away dead skin cells, create soft skin, clog pores, and activate our body’s circulatory system to remove waste. Dry brushing revitalizes our skin and allows new skin cells to properly cleanse our pores to keep them at their natural size.
What should I do:
1. Various drybrushes are available. However, it is best to buy one with natural bristles and a long handle to reach the whole body.
2. Stand naked in your bathtub and start brushing your feet up towards your chest.
3. Give each area a firm brush with long strides. At first, your skin is sensitive to the brush, but as you keep brushing, your skin adapts.
4. When you have brushed your entire body, run the shower water and take a regular bath. Cold showers promote blood circulation and are an added bonus for skin regeneration.
5. Pat your body dry once you are done.
6. Dry the brush once or twice a day before showering. You can do this every day for amazing results.
7. Avoid cuts and abrasions, and apply less pressure on areas that are more sensitive.
Tips for additional success
1. When applying anything to your face directly from your hands, make sure that your hands are clean and free of bacteria.
2. The higher the quality of the ingredients you use, the better your body will react to its natural abilities.
3. Avoid pecking at your skin. With the right nutrients and hydration, it will heal naturally.
4. Be patient by all means. Whether for a week or a few months, let your body get used to the routine to get the full benefit from it.
5. Direct sunlight can lead to increased pore sizes. Use sunscreen when you get out to minimize damage to your skin from the sun.
Sources: Livestrong, HealthyAndNaturalWorld
Depending on your daily routine, you may need more tips on how to shrink your pores. These items all offer different ways to detoxify your skin, remove excess skin, and naturally make pores appear smaller:
For more helpful skin care tips, fitness programs, and clean eating recipes, check out Pinterest!