Celebrate the holiday season with loved ones no matter where you are!
Let’s embrace the changes 2020 has brought and let’s keep celebrating! Our tips for a virtual Christmas party make hosting easy and a successful time with friends and family.
December is in full swing and with it comes the party season! Of course, 2020 means something completely different than in previous years. Keep these tips in mind to have a virtual Christmas party for loved ones so you don’t feel overly Yuletide Blues!
A virtual Christmas party can be as simple or as elaborate as you want it to be. It can just be a drink and chat with friends, or you can put together prizes, games, and even decorations and clothes! Follow our steps to make a party remember.
Invitations & reminders
Make sure to send out invitations once you’ve chosen a date and time. It’s also a good idea to send reminders so guests don’t forget! An email a day or two in advance is a really helpful reminder and even a text the day you will be able to. Make sure all links, quizzes, and games are queued and working on the day of everything.
How to Have a Virtual Christmas Party: Play Games!
This is where you can get really creative! There are so many ways to incorporate games into a Christmas party.
- You can create a hazard board in a PowerPoint that is shared.
- Use QuizUp or Kahoot to find a themed quiz game everyone will be interested in.
- Play Words With Friends, which you can easily sign up for on Facebook and which feels a bit like Scrabble!
- For groups that may not all be known, try some get-to-know games! Make two truths and a lie, or look up questions about icebreakers, let everyone give you the answers, and let the group guess who answered what!
- CardzMania offers countless options for classic card games as a group.
You can offer prices that are easy to email, e.g. B. Gift cards to Amazon, Target or Starbucks. You can even pull up more specific prizes in an Amazon shopping cart and then order them in real time for the winner!
Food for a virtual Christmas party
Again, this can be as simple or as laborious as you’d like! If you really want to pamper your attendees, you can send groceries to their homes Doordash or Grubhub. Another option is to simply share a recipe for classic hot chocolate or to share Chocolate peppermint cookies for guests to make and enjoy in their own four walls. Of course, you can always encourage everyone to come with drinking glasses too. Bottom up!
Decorations and Dressing Up
Encourage decorations and dress up! Let guests know that they all have a chance to be in the spotlight so they can stand next to their Christmas tree, wear an ugly sweater, or hang lights and paper snowflakes behind their computer. Make it a competition and let your guests vote on a winner!
The best software for a virtual Christmas party
Of course you need a way to connect! There are a few options for virtual vacation parties.
- With Zoom you can have up to 100 guests with a time limit of 40 minutes. This can be great for keeping your party organized and on a tight timeframe!
- With Skype, up to 50 people can be included in a chat without a time limit. This is just right for smaller groups.
Finally, remember that it’s okay to feel a little baffled that this year looks so different than other years. You are not alone when you are disappointed and saddened by the loss of normalcy in December! We hope these virtual Christmas party tips will help you feel a little less alone and create a sense of togetherness this holiday season.