Really the best Egg salad recipe They’ll try to make it with minimal ingredients and so quickly. Hard-boiled eggs with celery, dill, spices and chives in a creamy dressing make up this classic egg salad.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Egg salad recipe
This is the easiest egg salad and the perfect way to use up any leftover Easter eggs. You’ll love the short list of ingredients, but it’s all you need to make a fantastic salad: hard-boiled eggs, herbs, celery, and crispy onions in the creamiest dressing.
This can be served in so many different ways – as a side salad, on toast, etc. (see more ideas below). This traditional salad is simple, satisfying, and a perfect addition to your Easter menu.
Ingredients for egg salad
While this is a simple recipe and uses basic ingredients, it tastes amazing. If you want to spruce up and make it more chic, try these add-ins:
- Protein- like crispy bacon, chicken or shrimp.
- Vegetables- Tomatoes, cucumbers, or carrots are good options. We also love dill pickle egg salad.
- Avocado- can either be diced and added to the salad or mixed with the dressing to replace some mayo.
Pro tip: If you add other ingredients to the salad, prepare a larger serving of the dressing.
How to make egg salad
It couldn’t be easier with homemade egg salad. Just make sure your eggs are completely cool before making the salad, or prep and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Boil eggs and let cool, then cut into the pieces you want (we like our chunky ones for better texture)
- Finely chop celery and red onion (red onion can be replaced with sweet onion)
- Chop the chives (or spring onions) and fresh dill
- Prepare a homemade dressing – stir the ingredients together in a bowl
- Mix the salad well and brush with the dressing
How to cook eggs for egg salad?
Whether you’re boiling your eggs on the stove or in the instant pot, make sure they’re hard-boiled but not over-cooked. Overcooked eggs have a green ring around the yolk. Follow these tutorials for perfect hard-boiled eggs every time:
The best dressing for egg salad
The dressing in any salad can really make or break a recipe. This fantastic creamy dressing gives so much flavor to the simple salad. Eggs have never tasted so good!
- In a bowl, add mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, paprika, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Mix until the dressing is creamy and the ingredients are well incorporated.
Are eggs good for you
Eggs are an inexpensive, healthy, high quality protein. We love recipes that use eggs as the main ingredient, like these incredible Devil Eggs with Bacon and Egg Muffins.
Eggs are nutrient-dense, have no carbs, no sugar, and will keep you feeling great all day. Egg yolks are high in choline, which is important for brain and liver health. Eggs also contain lutein, which is beneficial for eye health.
How to serve egg salad
Although the salad can be enjoyed as a side dish, it is quite versatile. Enjoy these other variations:
- Egg Salad Sandwich – Serve the egg salad as a sandwich between slices of bread, in a croissant, as an open-faced sandwich or even filled in a wrap or pita.
- Stuffed avocado – Pour the salad into a halved avocado and serve.
- Salad wrap – Put in a salad cup or Romaine and enjoy as a salad wrap.
- Breakfast sandwich – Load salad on toast for a simple breakfast sandwich.
How do I store egg salad?
The leftover egg salad should be stored covered in the refrigerator and can take 3-5 days. It should not be left at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
Pro tip: If you keep the salad in the refrigerator, be sure to try it before serving. With cooling, the flavors become more subtle as they fuse together. So add a little salt and spices if you like.
More recipe with boiled eggs
Can’t wait for you to try this easy Egg salad recipe. Once you try, you will do it again and again!
Egg salad recipe with the best dressing
Preparation time: 5 protocol
Cooking time: 15th protocol
Total time: 20th protocol
The simplest egg salad recipe. Hard-boiled eggs with chives, dill, celery and onions in the creamiest Dijon mayonnaise dressing.
$ 3- $ 6
Lunch, salad, side dish
Calories: 290 kcal
Servings: 4th People
For the salad:
Boil eggs and let cool. After cooling, peel and chop the eggs (we like our chunky ones) and place in a salad bowl.
Add finely chopped celery, red onions, dill, and chives.
In a separate bowl, combine the ingredients for the dressing. Gently stir the dressing into the egg salad until coated and serve.
Egg salad recipe with the best dressing
Amount per serving
Calories from Fat 216
% Daily Value *
Saturated fat 5g31%
cholesterol 380 mg127%
sodium 565 mg25%
potassium 146 mg4%
Vitamin A. 800 IU16%
vitamin C 3.3 mg4%
calcium 50 mg5%
iron 1.2 mg7%
* Daily percentages are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
* Egg nutrition information is from The Incredible Egg.