Crock Pot Roast and Potatoes. Scrumptious Crock Pot Recipes To Make Any Meal A Success With Kraft®, Try Today! If you are going to work, or just have a busy day, place the roast, potatoes and the carrots in the crock pot and by dinner time you will be happy that you made this. Crock Pot Pot Roast with Potatoes & Carrots.
Most families don't sit at the dinner table together anymore. Combine all dry seasonings and rub onto roast. Use olive oil to brown the roast. You can cook Crock Pot Roast and Potatoes using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crock Pot Roast and Potatoes
- You need 2 1/2 lb of chuck roast.
- It’s 1.5 lbs of red potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of large yellow onion.
- Prepare 1 (22 oz) of can cream of mushroom soup.
- It’s 1 pkg of dry onion soup mix.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
The Perfect Crock Pot Roast should be full of flavor and fall a part tender. Notes on the Perfect Crock Pot Roast Recipe. We used brown gravy mix in this recipe. I made up The Perfect Crock Pot Roast in good ol' Sir Hamilton (my Hamilton Beach Programmable Insulated Slow Cooker).
Crock Pot Roast and Potatoes step by step
- Wash potatoes and put in crockpot..
- Cut onion into largish bite size pieces and add to crockpot with potatoes..
- Put roast on top, sprinkle on onion soup mix, pepper, and pour in cream of mushroom and cook on low for 6-8 hours or 4-6 hours on high..
- With the two soups and the juices from the roast, this will make its own gravy, just pull out the meat and potatoes and stir, you will have to let it sit for a few min then spoon off the fat..
Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Roasted potatoes are a natural side dish to go with Roast Chicken or Pot Roast. However, often my crockpot or slow cooker is not large enough to cook the potatoes with the chicken or roast. That is why I have multiple slow cookers so I can roast the potatoes in one slow cooker and a roast or chicken in the other crockpot. Peel your potatoes and cut them into wedges.