Crockpot Mongolian Beef. Hi I tried making Mongolian beef in a slow cooker but it didn't come out like your photo mine came out looking like dark brown mush , do you think I use too much soy sauce ? I don't believe the pictures are of the actual recipe. There is nothing in the ingredient list to give it that color.
This crock pot recipe tastes just like a meal you would get at a Chinese restaurant! Make your own take out with this easy Mongolian beef recipe. This dinner is SO simple to put together and always gets rave reviews from family and friends. You can cook Crockpot Mongolian Beef using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Mongolian Beef
- You need 1 1/2 of lbs. thin sliced braciole beef, sliced into strips about one inch wide.
- It’s 3 TBS. of cornstarch.
- Prepare 2 TBS. of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 TBS. of ground ginger.
- You need 1 cup of matchstick carrots.
- It’s 1 of green bell pepper, chopped (optional).
- It’s 4 of scallions, sliced on an angle, about a half inch wide.
Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef. Mongolian beef, strangely enough, probably hails from Taiwan and a style of cooking that began in Chinese barbecue restaurants there before skipping the ocean and landing in the United States. S., Mongolian beef is typically made with flank steak and onions and garnished with green onions and sesame seed—as in the recipe. The beef gets meltingly tender in the slow cooker and the sauce becomes incredibly silky, with great spicy/sweet flavors!
Crockpot Mongolian Beef step by step
- After slicing the beef, place it in a gallon sized baggie along with cornstarch. Shake it up to coat all the beef with cornstarch..
- Put extra virgin olive oil, garlic, soy sauce, water, brown sugar, ginger, carrots and peppers into the crockpot and stir..
- Add the coated beef to the crockpot and mix well..
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours, stirring occasionally..
- Slice the scallions to use as a topping. Serve over white rice..
This is the Mongolian beef recipe for the busiest of people! This Crock Pot Mongolian Beef recipe is easy to make and tastes just as good as if you went out to a resturant. Mongolian Beef is made simple easy ingredients. The main ingredients you'll need to make Crock Pot Mongolian Beef is a tender cut of beef, minced garlic, minced ginger root, brown sugar, a bit of water and julianned carrots. We love getting Chinese take out but it really gets expensive for our family.