Valentine mini heart cake. These Mini Victoria Sponge Cakes are heart shaped and perfect for Valentine's Day. Light and fluffy cakes in pastel pink, and filled with whipped cream and strawberry conserve. Topped off with a dusting of powdered sugar.
All you need is a heart shaped cookie cutter! Get the whole family involved in making these cute mini heart cakes for Valentine's Day. H-E-B Decadently European Chocolate Cake Mix makes this recipe super easy, just pour directly from the package and bake, no additional ingredients needed! You can cook Valentine mini heart cake using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Valentine mini heart cake
- Prepare of For the sponge:.
- It’s 110 g of plain flour.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 110 g of caster sugar.
- It’s 110 g of butter, softened.
- You need 2 of medium eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- It’s of For the filling:.
- Prepare of good quality raspberry jam.
- Prepare 200 ml of double cream.
- You need of icing sugar, for dusting.
Allow the cake to cool and cut out mini cakes using heart-shaped cookie cutters. Frosting Tip: To reduce crumbs on the sides of the mini cakes, roll. Add the sugar, flour, almond flour and salt to the bowl of a KitchenAid type mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. These mini heart-shaped cakes are so great for the kids to decorate and enjoy as a Valentine activity at home or at school.
Valentine mini heart cake instructions
- Preheat the oven to 170C/325F/gas 3..
- Prepare a rectangular 20 x 30cm flan or cake tin: line it with parchment and grease it lightly, or butter and flour the bottom of the tin..
- Sift the flour with the baking powder into a large bowl..
- Add all the other sponge ingredients..
- Beat with a handheld mixer or in a standing mixer with the paddle attachment for a couple of minutes, until the batter becomes creamy and smooth..
- Spoon it into the prepared tin and bake for 20-25 minutes until the sponge springs back when lightly pressed..
- Loosen the sides with a palette knife; turn the cake out onto a wooden board smooth side down, then carefully peel off the parchment..
- Turn the cake right side up onto a wire rack and cool completely..
- In the meantime lightly whip the cream..
- Using a heart shaped biscuit cutter cut out hearts from the cooled sponge..
- Spread some jam over half the hearts (on the side that was bottoms of the cake) and spoon the whipped cream on the other hearts..
- Sandwich them together and dust with icing sugar before serving..
Fill a pastry bag, fitted with a round pastry tip and pipe the cream on half of the heart shaped cakes. Top the cream with another layer of cake. Cover the cake with plastic wrap and refrigerate while you make the ganache. Transfer cake to a work surface. Place one heart on a serving plate; spread with some frosting.