Banana Drizzle cake!!. A cross between banana bread and a drizzle cake, this easy banana loaf recipe is a quick bake that can be frozen. It's great for using up overripe bananas, too. This is amazing with a cuppa 🙂 save throwing them old bananas out!!!!
Whenever I have to bring a baked item for a breakfast or brunch, I usually make this Lemon. The perfect banana cake is right. Soft and full of flavor, this easy banana cake recipe with vanilla glaze will melt in your mouth! You can cook Banana Drizzle cake!! using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Banana Drizzle cake!!
- It’s 140 g of self raising flour.
- You need 140 g of stork (or a baking block).
- Prepare 140 g of golden Caster sugar.
- You need 2 of x ripe good small or medium bananas.
- You need 2 of x eggs (medium).
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need of ICING DRIZZLE…
- You need 70 g of icing sugar (sieved).
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of milk.
- Prepare 2 tsp of butter (unsalted).
Whisk together powdered sugar, vanilla and milk, adding milk a little at a time until glaze is thin enough to drizzle on cooled cake. I'd put them in days ago, when we were charging round in the midst of birthday parties, then piled more stuff on top, as you do, and completely forgot about them. I made very few changes to the cake recipe itself, and I would call it perfect. Nearly two cups of mashed bananas add the banana flavor, sour cream adds moisture and balances out the sweetness, vanilla extract compliments the bananas, and the right amount of butter creates a tender crumb.
Banana Drizzle cake!! instructions
- Pre heat oven 160c, prepare 2lb loaf tin, with grease proof paper (baking paper) at bottom, and grease sides of tin also….
- Mix sugar and stalk together until fluffy in a large bowl, With wooden spoon.
- Lighly whisk eggs in a cup, slowly add eggs and flour and baking powder to the large bowl.
- Then add in the mashed bananas, only fold gently until all mixed, dont over mix it..
- Pour into prepared tin, sprinkle with some brown dermera or any white sugar, pop on middle shelf to bake for 25-30 minutes..
- Leave to cool down for 20 minutes until warm,,,make icing drizzle! Just mix all ingredients together, when cake warm take out of tin, add the icing dizzle!!! Leave to set. Enjoy!!!.
Cake tester should come out clean, with no evidence of batter. Using your cake tester, puncture the loaf, all over the top, but not right through. While loaf is still hot, carefully spoon the lemon sauce over the surface. This will seep into the loaf through the punctures and add flavour to the Banana Loaf. Peel the bananas and mash with a fork.