Slow Cooker Beef barley soup. Tender beef, hearty vegetables and plump barley… it's the perfect beef barley soup! Get out the slow cooker and get ready to enjoy one of the best comfort foods, with minimal effort! When the weather turns colder, it's the time for some SERIOUS comfort food… and this is my all time favorite.
An easy recipe for Slow Cooker Beef Barley Soup. Transfer meat to the slow cooker. Reduce heat to medium and add garlic, onions, carrots and thyme and season with salt and pepper. You can cook Slow Cooker Beef barley soup using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Beef barley soup
- It’s 1.5 lbs of chuck roast.
- It’s 1.5 lbs of potatoes peeled and cubed 1/2 inch.
- It’s 2 of carrots peeled and cubed.
- It’s 1 of onion diced.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 2 tbsp of better than bouillion.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Worcester sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 4 sprigs of fresh thyme.
- You need 2 of bay leaf.
- It’s 6 cups of beef broth.
- It’s 2/3 cup of barley.
- It’s of Option – mushrooms or other vegetables.
- It’s of oil of choice.
Scrape the pan with a wooden spoon to loosen all browned meat. Beef Barley Soup in the slow cooker or on the stovetop, you are going to love this hearty soup! Perfect for anytime of the year- but during the winter this is an especially great comfort meal! Without question, my favorite food season is Fall.
Slow Cooker Beef barley soup instructions
- Brown beef cubes in oil 1-2 minutes per side on med-high heat.
- Add beef and all ingredients to slow cooker and cook for 4-5 hours.
- Fill liquid to the top or check if more is require later..
Soups, stews, all things that cook all day and make my house smell like a food dream. Pearl barley, its most common form, is the perfect slow cooker grain. The long, slow cook time turns barley tender, yet not gummy. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add beef roast and sear until browned on all sides.