Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta. Enjoy Quickly Cooked Meals With A Crispy, Golden Finish. Visit The Official Site For Info! Free Crock Pot Recipes From Kraft® Foods.
Just toss the seasoning packet in the trash. The next morning chop the vegetables. Add the ham hock, beans, celery onion, bay leaves, garlic, thyme, chicken broth, salt, and pepper to the slow cooker. You can have Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta using 23 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta
- Prepare 1 bag of dried hurst 15 bean soup mix with seasoning packet.
- It’s of Optional 👇.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of baking soda plus enough water to soak beans overnight.
- Prepare 2 cups of diced ham or 2 to 3 ham hocks.
- You need 1 of small yellow onion diced.
- Prepare 2 of carrots peeled and diced.
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery peeled and diced.
- It’s 1 Tbsp. of garlic minced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter.
- It’s 2 tsp. of dried basil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of dried thyme.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 4 cups of water.
- It’s 4 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 (14.5 oz) of can Italian flavored diced tomatoes or use petite >.
- It’s of tomatoes with 1 tsp. Italian seasonings mixed in.
- You need 1 tsp. of salt.
- It’s 3 cups of chopped kale.
- Prepare 1/2 of lemon juiced.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of hot sauce.
- It’s of (Optional)1 1/2 cups ditalina pasta.
- Prepare of Shredded Parmesan cheese.
Sort out any debris from the beans and discard. Rinse the beans and add them to the slow cooker. You can save the ham seasoning packet that is included in the package for another recipe, you won't need it in this recipe. Add the carrots, celery, onion, bay leaf, oregano and water.
Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta instructions
- Place the beans in a colander and sort out any debris, rinse beans and either add to slow cooker or to a pot and cover with water and add 1 teaspoon baking soda and let it sit overnight it's optional but i prefer it..
- If you soaked the beans give them a quick rinse and add to slow cooker.
- Add in ham, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, butter, basil, thyme, pepper, bay leaf, broth and water.
- Cover slow cooker and don't open lid while cooking. Set on high for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours remove bay leaf and shred ham hocks if used and discard bone and add in tomatoes, hot sauce, kale, salt, lemon juice and pasta if adding. Stir up and cover and cook for 20 more minutes and then stir in flavor packet that was in with the beans. Serve and top with some Parmesan cheese if desired. It's also great with buttered cornbread on the side. Enjoy !.
Serve ladled over a piece of buttered cornbread and it's sheer comfort with each and every bite. Works great with a leftover ham bone after the holidays! See cooking tips below the recipe for more info. This recipe uses Andouille sausage for a little added kick, but you can substitute any kind of smoked sausage if you prefer a little less heat. When serving a crowd, we put this chili on in the morning and then prepare a chili bar with toppings so our guests can help themselves!