Crockpot Taco Chicken 🐔. Enjoy the shredded chicken very simply, just rolled in a tortilla. or create an entire taco bar of festive toppings! • Includes Make-Ahead Steps • CrockPot Chicken Tacos are an easy family favorite meal! A handful of ingredients tossed into the slow cooker makes the most tender flavorful chicken for tacos (or for Chicken Enchiladas, burritos, loaded nachos and more)!. Add chicken breasts, salsa, tomatoes and seasoning and let the slow cooker do all of the work.
Place chicken breasts in crock pot and pour chicken broth over. With two forks, shred the chicken meat into bite-size pieces. To freeze, place shredded meat into freezer bags with the juices. You can have Crockpot Taco Chicken 🐔 using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Taco Chicken 🐔
- Prepare 2 packs of boneless/ skinless chicken thighs.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of taco seasoning.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1 cup of salsa (your favorite!).
- You need 1 of onion, sliced.
- It’s 12 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need of Flour tortillas.
- Prepare of Shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare of Sour cream.
- Prepare of Salsa (your favorite!).
- It’s of Lettuce/ Tomatoes.
Press out all the air and seal. Salt and pepper the chicken to taste, then mix into the sauce. Cover and cook on high for four hours or low for seven to eight hours. Remove the chicken, shred with two forks, and return to the slow cooker and stir.
Crockpot Taco Chicken 🐔 instructions
- Rinse and pat dry your chicken thighs……..
- Place thighs in crockpot…….
- Add to chicken thighs taco seasoning, black pepper, salsa, onion and garlic, mix lightly…….
- Cover and cook on low heat for 6 hours, stirring occasionally and leaving lid to crockpot slightly opened halfway thru cooking…….
- Shred chicken with 2 forks…….
- Serve shredded chicken on top of flour tortillas and garnish with shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa, lettuce and tomatoes and enjoy 😉!!!.
Freeze leftovers in an airtight bag for up to six. Place onions at the bottom of slow cooker, then place chicken on top. In a medium bowl or measuring cup, whisk together lime juice, chiles, salt, brown sugar, garlic powder, chili powder, and cumin. Chicken tacos are a popular dinner in my house. We love tacos because they are so customizable.