Chicken curry made in the instant pot. How to Make Chicken Curry in the Instant Pot. Place cumin and ginger in dry pot. Add oil, chicken, salt, curry powder and red pepper paste.
This chicken curry with potatoes and coconut milk is a fusion between Indian style & Hong Kong-style chicken curry (a dish you can find in Hong Kong Style Cha Chaan Teng aka 茶餐廳). Ingredients in coconut curry chicken It's super easy to make this chicken curry and you don't need very many ingredients to pull it all together. How To Make Our Instant Pot Butter Chicken Curry Recipe. You can have Chicken curry made in the instant pot using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken curry made in the instant pot
- You need 1 of Whole Medium chicken cut medium pieces.
- You need 3 tbspn of Ghee or Butter.
- You need of Whole cloves 2.
- Prepare of Whole bay leaves 2.
- It’s 3/4 of Whole Black Peppercorns.
- Prepare of Cinnamon stick 1/2.
- It’s of Onion 3 small chopped.
- It’s of Chilli powder 1tsp or to taste.
- Prepare of Green chilli paste 3/4tsp or to taste.
- It’s of Garlic ginger paste 3 tsps.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Dhana Coriander powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of cumin powder.
- You need of Salt 3/4 tsp or to taste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of harder (turmeric).
- You need 1 tsp of Garam masala use right at the end.
- Prepare of Coriander fresh to garnish.
- You need 3/4 tin of chopped tomatoes (or passata equivalent).
Sauté onions, garlic, and ginger in the butter, using the SAUTE function of the Instant Pot. Stir in curry powder, garam masala, and smoked paprika. Once the spices and onions have cooked down for a few minutes, add in chopped chicken thighs and canned tomato sauce. Made with chicken thighs, warm spices like coriander and cumin seeds, and zippy fresh garlic and ginger, this dish packs a lot of flavor into just one pot.
Chicken curry made in the instant pot instructions
- Add Ghee (you can use butter or oil instead if you prefer) to the IP (or pan) add the whole spices and put IP on Sauté function add the onions and brown… in the IP is so quick it will only take 5/6 mins….in the saucepan it will take 15/20 mins.
- Then add the passata or tinned tomatoes and the powdered spices (except Garam Masala) plus salt garlic ginger and green chilli. Give this all a good stir. I do this part with the IP off as it’s still very hot from the onions cooking. Also add 1/2 cups of water depending on how much sauce you require.
- Add chicken and stir. Put the instant pot on for 20 min on low pressure cook. The IP will cook for 20 mins then normally it cools for 20 mins…But I cancel cooking after 20 mins & would suggest you release the air yourself and check your curry as it will more then likely be done. Ive cooked it in IP 4 times now and it’s always done in 20mins for me..
- You will know it’s done when the oil sits on top of the sauce. If you feel it needs a few more mins just put the lid on for 5/6 mins while the IP is turned off it will still cook as the base is still very hot.
- Once your happy your chicken is done add Garam masala and coriander.
- Serve hot with rice naan/chappati.
This delicious and aromatic Instant Pot chicken curry recipe is made with Indian tomato and onion based sauce and thickened with creamy yoghurt. Not only will you make a hearty curry in a hurry (so to speak) but you can also do the rice in the same pot and this guest recipe from Aneesha of Spice Cravings will show you how. This is an Indian Mom's authentic Chicken Curry recipe made in Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker. This Chicken Curry instant pot recipe is made in a simple onion-tomato gravy with the aroma of whole spices. This is the best Chicken Curry you will ever have!