Chicken Biryani Made in Instant Pot. The epitome of the one-pot meal, this flavorful Chicken Biryani is made with aromatic Basmati rice and tender chicken marinated in warm spices and herbs. EASY Instant Pot Chicken Biryani, one-pot meal made with aromatic basmati rice, tender chicken, spices and herbs that is cooked over low heat for the most delectable flavors. #ministryofcurry Instant Pot Chicken Biryani – Fragrant long grain Basmati Rice, cooked with yogurt marinated Chicken, warm Spices and Herbs. A Short Cut instant pot version of Hyderabadi Biryani.
Drain rice and remove marinated chicken from the refrigerator. Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®), select Saute function, and add ghee. Chicken Biryani in the Instant Pot. You can cook Chicken Biryani Made in Instant Pot using 22 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Biryani Made in Instant Pot
- It’s 1 of large chicken cut into medium pieces.
- You need 1 cup of yogurt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Tumeric.
- You need 1 tsp of chilli powder or to taste.
- It’s 1 tsp of green chilli paste.
- Prepare 3 tsp of garlic ginger paste.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt or to taste.
- You need 3 tsp of coriander and cumin powder mix.
- It’s 3 of medium onions slices.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 4 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of whole cumin.
- It’s of Bay leaves 3.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of cinnamon (Tuj).
- It’s 3/4 of cloves.
- Prepare 3 of whole cardamom.
- Prepare 2 cups of rice.
- You need 1 cup of water with 1/2 tsp salt added.
- You need Pinch of saffron mixed in 1 tsp of milk.
- Prepare of Garam masala for garnish.
- It’s of Coriander for garnish.
- Prepare of Boiled eggs optional.
Chicken biryani is a dish which is considered to be a favorite comfort food or even classified as a dish made on special occasions. Each and every family has their own version of this chicken and rice dish. Our version uses a few basic ingredients which result in an explosion. Add the ghee to the pot.
Chicken Biryani Made in Instant Pot step by step
- 1st wash and soak your rice.
- In bowl mix yogurt and all the powdered spices Tumeric chilli coriander cumin powder & garlic ginger and chilli paste salt 1tsp. Set chicken aside in fridge once mix well.
- Cut you onions into slices.
- On sauté mode add your butter and whole spices cumin tuj etc and once butter is melted add the onions.
- Once the onions have caramelised add the chicken. Chicken releases it’s own water so don’t add any water. Cook on pressure cooker mode for 5 mins..
- IP take few mins to build up the pressure then the timer starts. Soon as it’s done do a quick release.
- #Tip with instant pot when cooking onions and releasing pressure I place mine carefully on my cooker. So I can have the extractor on. Doing this near a open window also helps with the steam always be careful releasing the steam.
- Once the pressure is released open lid carefully and give your chicken a stir there should be around 1 cup of chicken broth in there already..
- Add rice saffron and a tablespoon of butter but not essential, and another 1/2 tsp of salt added to the cup of water & mix. Make sure rice is under water.
- Cook again for 5 mins on pressure cook mode and then do a quick release again biryani should be done perfectly or almost done.
- #Tip if yours looks like it needs couple more mins meaning your rice isn’t quite done or you see bit of water still then just close the lid and leave it to cook in the heat. The IP plate stays hot for a while so even a hour later the Biryani will still be hot.
- Add Garam masala coriander to garnish either serve directly from IP or transfer into a dish and then garnish.
- I boil my eggs separately in my egg boiler. I will deshell and add once the biryani is cooked but this step is optional.
- I have added 2tsp of salt to this dish however the amount is optional to your taste.
- Serve with Yogart Raita…recipe separate listing.
Instant Pot Chicken Biryani So the basic ingredients we have in our pantry anyway were: natural full yoghurt, ginger paste, garlic paste, turmeric, chillis, lemon juice, onion, hot red chilli powder, basmati rice, ghee, coriander leaves, mint leaves, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom pods, bay leaves, cumin seeds, salt, milk and saffron. So let's go through the steps of preparing the Chicken Biryani. How make Chicken Biryani in Instant Pot First step is getting the ingredients ready for the biryani. As you can see in the below picture, I got the whole spices and the saffron in warm milk ready. I took out the marinated chicken from the refrigerator.