Chicken enchilada soup Instant pot IP. Easy chicken enchilada soup recipe is great for meal prep and freezes well. Which means it's officially soup and pumpkin season. The more I use my Instant Pot, the more I love it.
Chicken enchilada soup Instant pot IP Comfort food! How to Make Chicken Enchilada Soup in the Instant Pot Start by mixing the corn flour or masa into a cup of water until a smooth slurry is formed and then set it aside. Next, blend the tomatillos with their juices in a blender and pulse until completely blended to the consistency of a salsa. You can have Chicken enchilada soup Instant pot IP using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken enchilada soup Instant pot IP
- You need 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 1 pound of chicken breasts cubed.
- Prepare 1 of white onion chopped.
- You need 2 cups of chicken stock/broth.
- It’s 1 (10 oz) of can of red enchilada sauce.
- You need 1 (14 oz) of can fire roasted tomatoes.
- It’s 1 (14 oz) of can whole kernel corn.
- It’s 8 oz of diced green chilies.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need of Garnishes.
- You need of shredded cheese.
- It’s of sour cream.
- Prepare of diced avocado.
- You need of hot sauce.
- Prepare of Crumbled Tortilla chips.
Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup-all the flavors of chicken enchiladas in a bowl of soup. The soup is thickened up with a can of refried beans instead of dairy…this soup can be made dairy free if you want it to be.. To make in the slow cooker: Saute onions and garlic in the oil on your stove. Then add to your slow cooker.
Chicken enchilada soup Instant pot IP step by step
- Turn instant pot to saute high/more. When it reads hot add olive oil and onions. Cook for a minute..
- Add chicken and cook while stirring untill the outside of chicken turns white..
- Add chicken broth, enchilada sauce, tomatoes (with liquid), corn (with liquid), green chilies (with liquid), garlic, salt and cumin. Stir with a wooden spoon and scrape the bottom of the pot to remove any bits..
- Seal pressure cooker and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes then NPR for 10 minutes. Release the rest of the pressure..
- Remove lid. Ladle into bowls. Top with tortilla chips, avocado, sour cream, cheese, and hot sauce..
Add the broth, tomato sauce, and spices to the Instant Pot and stir to combine, then add the chicken thighs, corn, and black beans. This Keto Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup makes a great weeknight dinner! While the soup is delicious on its own, the star of the show is definitely the toppings! I basically took my traditional chicken enchilada recipe, modified it and added some black beans, corn and chicken broth. After a few hours of letting it slow cook all day, this delicious bowl of soup emerged which I topped with cheese, scallions, cilantro and a dallop of sour cream.