Keto Cauliflower “Mock Potato” Salad. This Mock Potato Salad is Low Carb, Keto, gluten free, paleo and made with cauliflower and a tasty dressing that is as close to traditional potato salad as you can get! Cauliflower Salad While cauliflower might not be your first choice when you think of a real potato salad, in the low carb world, cauliflower is the veggie most likely to replace. A really good "potato" salad is a must-have summertime dish!
We all agree that it's super delicious and couldn't care less about the missing potatoes. Cauliflower mock potato salad has all the flavors of traditional potato salad but without all the carbs! Perfect side dish for summer barbecues or any meal of the year. You can have Keto Cauliflower “Mock Potato” Salad using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Keto Cauliflower “Mock Potato” Salad
- It’s 4 cups of mashed cauliflower.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
- Prepare 2 stalks of diced celery.
- You need 3 of large boiled eggs diced.
- You need 1/2 cup of diced dill pickles.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sliced green olives.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of real mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of yellow mustard.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
Even real potato salad lovers are going to enjoy this healthier swap. My husband was reluctantly surprised at the flavor of this dish. It's a crowd pleaser for everyone, too! Add cut cauliflower, then sprinkle with salt.
Keto Cauliflower “Mock Potato” Salad step by step
- Steam or boil 1 to 1 1/2 heads of fresh cauliflower. Cool down. Rice it with food processor. Place in microwaveable dish and cook on high in microwave 8-10 minutes until soft. Cool.
- In a large mixing bowl add diced eggs, onions, celery, pickles, and olives. Stir to mix thoroughly..
- Add cauliflower to vegetables and egg mixture. Add mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, and all spices to the bowl. Stir until mixed thoroughly. Chill at least 2 hours prior to serving. Enjoy..
Cover and bring to full boil again. In the end, I steamed the cauliflower until fork tender and then spread it on a cookie sheet to cool a bit as I worked on the rest of the keto recipe. I diced the rest of the veggies and mixed up my traditional potato salad dressing recipe; making sure to substitute a keto-friendly mayonnaise. Mock potato salad made with all the same ingredients as a classic potato salad, except this version is perfect for keto and low carb followers. Roast the cauliflower to enhance the nutty flavor and serve along with your favorite main dish.