Chicken Tortilla Soup (Instant Pot). Browse Our Official Site For Tasty Tortilla Soup Recipes! Secure lid and move pressure release valve to Sealing position. Meanwhile, on a large baking sheet, toss tortilla strips with oil and a pinch of salt.
Delicious and healthy, loaded with chicken and veggies, this soup will warm you to your bones! Can also be made on the stovetop or slow cooker! Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup – made from scratch and in a fraction of the time. You can cook Chicken Tortilla Soup (Instant Pot) using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Tortilla Soup (Instant Pot)
- You need 4 of Chicken Thighs, boneless & skinless.
- It’s 28 oz. of Canned Diced Tomatoes.
- Prepare 6 oz. of Canned Diced Green Chilies.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Chicken Broth.
- You need 1 of Onion, Diced.
- You need 1 tsp of Garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 4 of Corn Tortillas, cut into thin strips.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Fresh Cilantro, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese (Cheddar, Oaxaca, & Asadero).
Delicious and hearty, loaded with chicken and veggies, this soup is. Instant Pot chicken tortilla soup is a delicious, quick and easy dinner that you can throw together in less than thirty minutes. Did y'all catch the Amazon deals on the Instant Pot over the holidays? There were some CRAZY good deals! (Amazon affiliate) If you are an Instant Pot newbie, welcome to the world of pressure cooking.
Chicken Tortilla Soup (Instant Pot) step by step
- Add chicken, diced tomatoes, diced green chilies, chicken broth, onion, garlic, ground cumin, salt, & black pepper to the Instant Pot..
- Mix well..
- Close & lock the lid..
- Turn steam release valve to ensure the pot is sealed..
- Press—PRESSURE COOK: Normal; Pressure Level: High; Time: 9 minutes..
- Press CANCEL (Keep Warm: On).
- Allow Natural Release for 10 minutes..
- Press steam release handle down for Quick Release..
- Remove chicken to a plate & shred into bite size pieces..
- Return chicken to the pot..
- Press SAUTÉ—Normal..
- Add corn tortilla strips & cilantro to the pot..
- Cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally..
- Serve topped with shredded cheese blend immediately..
Give this easy Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla soup recipe a try! It's super filling and gets ready in minutes too! If those enchiladas and tacos get you all drooling and you're in the mood for some Mexican takeout, but still don't want to mess up with your efforts to practise healthy eating, here's a bit of help! Healthy Chicken Tortilla Soup for the perfect weeknight meal that can easily be made in your instant pot, slow cooker or even right on the stove! This easy Instant Pot chicken tortilla soup recipe tastes like it's been cooked low and slow, but it's fast and requires minimal effort!.