Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken. Hands down THE BEST Instant Pot rotisserie chicken! I change out the thyme for rosemary for personal preference and couldn't be happier with the results. The whole family enjoys this meal and leftovers are good in quesadillas, soup, sandwiches, or even cold.
Instant pot electric pressure cooker; Measuring spoons; Small bowl or ramekin for mixing spices & oil; Tongs and burger flipper for flipping over the chicken; Meat thermometer to check internal temperature; Instant Pot Whole Rotisserie Chicken. This amazing recipe for Instant Pot® lemon rotisserie chicken makes the most tender and moist chicken at home, perfect for a family dinner. Delicious whole chicken cooked in the Instant Pot. You can have Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken
- You need 2 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary.
- You need 1 teaspoon of garlic powder (add more if you love garlic).
- You need 1 (4 pound) of whole roasting chicken.
- You need 1 of lemon, halved (if no lemon available use 1 onion and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice).
- It’s 2 tablespoons of canola oil.
- It’s 1 cup of chicken stock.
Best of all, includes instructions for using fresh,, thawed or frozen chicken, and an oven. Note: This post may contain affiliate links; view my Disclosure Policy for details. Remove the chicken from the pot and pour in the chicken broth. Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken is one of the most delicious recipes for a whole chicken!
Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken step by step
- In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, thyme, paprika, oregano, onion powder and garlic powder and rosemary..
- 2. Remove giblets and excess fat from the chicken cavity. Dry chicken thoroughly with paper towels. Season chicken and chicken cavity with salt mixture. Stuff cavity with lemon..
- Set 6-qt Instant Pot® to the high saute setting. Add canola oil and chicken, breast side down, and cook until evenly golden brown, about 4-5 minutes. Using tongs, flip, and cook for an additional 4 minutes; set aside.
- 4. Place metal trivet into the pot and add chicken stock. Gently place chicken on top of the trivet. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 28 minutes. When finished cooking, naturally release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions, about 20-30 minutes. Let rest 10-15 minutes..
This easy recipe for Instant Pot Whole Chicken is flavored with a homemade rotisserie seasoning and is perfect for an easy dinner or using. Carefully remove the meat from the pot by lifting the trivet–meat may fall apart if lifted by legs or breast. Instant Pot Whole Chicken rotisserie style is very popular in our household. The best thing about this recipe is that in case you forgot to thaw the meat, you don't have to worry, you can still cook a delicious dinner. That is the beauty of the pressure cooker, you can cook frozen meat like its no big deal..