Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken. Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches is a quick and easy pressure cooker recipe that allows you to prepare home-cooked BBQ without a grill! This recipe produces juicy shredded chicken that is drizzled with BBQ sauce. Dinner can't get easier than this tender, flavorful Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken!
Now, this is a winner-winner chicken dinner! This Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken recipe is an absolute family favorite – it is SO EASY to make, makes great leftover pulled chicken, and tastes fantastic. Serve this BBQ Pulled Chicken in sandwiches, on tacos, as a pizza topping, or over rice. You can cook Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken
- It’s 3 of large chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of bbq sauce (sweet baby ray’s).
- You need 3 tsp of ketjap (or Worcester sauce).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated onion plus juice (optional).
This easy Pulled BBQ Chicken is so tender, falls apart,and flavorful! Perfect for tacos, sandwiches, or even meal prep. BBQ pulled chicken in the Instant Pot or slow cooker also makes great meal prep food. Try layering it with cooked corn, black beans, and baby spinach for a week of not-sad desk lunches.
Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken instructions
- Place the ingredients in the instant pot in this order: chicken stock (or water), chicken, onion powder, garlic, powder, paprika, salt, BBQ sauce, grated onion, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce. Do NOT stir. You want the water to stay on the bottom of the pot so the instant pot comes to pressure..
- Place the lid on the instant pot making sure the valve is in the sealing position. Press manual (high pressure) and set to 15 minutes..
- Let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes..
- Add more BBQ sauce if desired..
- Remove chicken from instant pot and shred well..
- Return to instant pot and sauté or Slow cook in Instant Pot if sauce is too thin after shredding, until desired thickness is achieved).
- Enjoy on sandwiches, salads, BBQ plates and more! Best with King’s Hawaiian Rolls..
This recipe uses just a handful of simple, healthy ingredients. Sauté together for another minute then turn off Instant Pot. I love to make a double batch and keep some in the fridge for quick warm snacks on the run. Once you have this for dinner, the kids will be craving more. The leftovers come in very handy.