Best beef pot roast ever-crockpot. Scrumptious Crock Pot Recipes To Make Any Meal A Success With Kraft®, Try Today! It was one of the first recipes I ever added. It's made in the slow cooker and is one of my family's most requested recipes for dinner.
What cut of beef is best for pot roast? Because of the low and slow cook time, the best cuts of beef to use in this Crockpot chuck roast recipe are those with a good percentage of fat. Form an image in your mind for a minute, of a steer or heifer walking through a field. You can cook Best beef pot roast ever-crockpot using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Best beef pot roast ever-crockpot
- Prepare 2.5-3 lb of boneless chuck roast.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 1-1.5 cup of lower sodium beef broth.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dry rosemary.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of corn oil (for searing meat).
- Prepare of Salt & Pepper meat before searing.
The best cut of beef for pot roast: I find chuck roast to be the perfect cut for this pot roast. It is so meaty, and so full of flavor! Chuck roast can withstand being in the slow cooker for hours. What's the Best Roast for Pot Roast?
Best beef pot roast ever-crockpot instructions
- Heat the oil in a pan. Sear / brown seasoned meat on both sides..
- Remove meat. Add balsamic vinegar and beef broth and deglaze the pan..
- Stir in the rosemary, garlic and onion powder. Bring to boil..
- Place 2 bay leaves on bottom of crockpot. Place seared meat on top. Pour in the liquid from the pan. Liquid needs to come up to just below the top of the meat…. 3/4 the way up the meat..
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove meat to platter. Thicken the gravy and serve with mashed potatoes..
Any type of beef roast that contains a lot of connective tissue is a good candidate for pot roast. At low-and-slow cooking temperatures, connective tissue releases gelatin, infusing both the meat and the cooking liquid with rich, juicy flavor. Our go-to choice is chuck roast (also called chuck-eye roast or. The very best pot roast recipes are low-effort and high-reward, yielding buttery, tender beef that practically falls apart at the touch of a fork. The veggies should melt in your mouth, and everything should be covered in a rich, meaty glaze.