Easy orange cake with orange icing. This soft, moist, easy orange cake recipe from scratch is loaded with with cream cheese frosting, mandarin oranges, orange marmalade and lots of fresh orange zest. In my opinion, Summer is the BEST time to make citrus cakes like this easy mandarin orange cake. Quick and easy orange frosting recipe (orange buttercream icing), made with simple ingredients and perfect for Summer desserts.
Summer is in full force and that calls for this HOMEMADE orange frosting from scratch, also known as orange CREAMSICLE frosting. This sunny cake is moist and tender and perfect for an afternoon cup of tea – weak or. Fragrant, moist, and tender Orange Pound Cake flavored with freshly squeezed orange juice and orange zest. You can cook Easy orange cake with orange icing using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy orange cake with orange icing
- Prepare of Cake.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 2 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 3/8 tsp of salt (just under a 1/2 tsp).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of (also known as 1 stick or 125g) butter, softened.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of caster sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of orange juice.
- You need 1 tbs of orange zest.
- Prepare of Icing.
- You need 1/3 cup of butter, softened.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of confectioner's sugar, sifted.
- You need 2 tbs of orange juice (or more, if you like).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of orange zest.
This orange pound cake is the perfect example. Carrot Cake with Orange Cream Cheese Frosting. Carrot cake is one of the most delicious cakes ever. This carrot cake with orange cream cheese frosting is just that, delish!
Easy orange cake with orange icing step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease either a 20x10cm loaf pan or a 20 cm round tin and set aside (note: I've only made this in a loaf pan)..
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt together thoroughly, then sift into a large mixing bowl..
- Add all the other ingredients in with the sifted flour and stir until smooth..
- Pour into the loaf pan and bake between 30 and 40 minutes (my oven is small so a tester knife came out clean after about 32 minutes or so)..
- Put on a wire rack to cool..
- Once the cake is cool, mix together the icing ingredients and, well, ice the cake, of course..
It's an extremely moist carrot cake. The flavor is fantastic and the buttermilk glaze and orange cream cheese frosting are to die for! Related Reading: Easy Homemade Almond Buttercream Frosting Recipe. Easy and Fresh Orange Buttercream Frosting Recipe. If you want a printable version of the recipe, just scroll farther down in the post until you see the heading for the printable recipe.