Easy Salmon Cakes. Browse Our Variety Of Easy Salmon Recipes Online At Kraft® Only. Add eggs, parsley, green onions, dill weed, lemon juice and black pepper. Simple and tasty pan fried salmon cakes!
I tend to favor the fresh fish over the canned….but if time is short this recipe totally is just as great with an equal amount of canned (and very well drained) salmon. Don't worry about any skin or bones in the salmon; they're soft enough to eat and will be virtually undetectable in the. When I rise up, let me rise up joyful like a bird. You can have Easy Salmon Cakes using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Salmon Cakes
- It’s of For the Salmon Cakes.
- It’s 1 lb of Salmon Filets.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of mayonnaise.
- You need 1 tbsp of dijon mustard.
- Prepare 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 of large egg lightly beaten.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of dried parsley.
- You need 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 1/4 cup of saltine crackers or pork rinds.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare of For the Lemon Dill Sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of mayonnaise.
- You need of Juice and zest of 1 lemon.
- You need 1 tbsp of mustard.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of fresh chopped dill or 2 tbsp dried dill weed.
When I fall, let me fall without regret like a leaf. ~Wendell Berry~ Simple Salmon Cakes made with. This is an excellent basic recipe and I have made it several times, but may I suggest a couple of things: First, instead of using flour, try crushed corn flake cereal – use your own judgement as to the correct amount, but enough to thicken. This recipe is so simple and takes hardly any time at all. An easy go to dish that is nice when served with salad, quinoa, rice, or any veggies.
Easy Salmon Cakes instructions
- Pre heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place the salmon on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and roast for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Cool to room temperature..
- When the fish is cool enough to handle, flake the salmon into bite sized pieces using a fork and transfer to a large bowl. If any juices begin to collect in the bottom of the bowl, drain the fish before moving forward with the remainder of the recipe..
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, dijon, worcestershire sauce, egg, pepper, parsley and smoked paprika..
- Add the mayonnaise mixture to the salmon and, carefully, fold together being careful not to break up the fish too much. Gently fold in the pork rinds or saltine crackers. (I used pork rinds for this recipe.).
- Form the salmon mixture into 6 patties and transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment. Chill for 15-20 minutes. (Salmon cakes can be frozen at this point. Wrap each cake tightly in plastic wrap and then foil. Unwrap and cook from frozen by following the instructions below.).
- While the salmon cakes chill, make the sauce by combining the mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon zest, mustard, pepper and dill in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve..
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat..
- Add the salmon cakes and cook over medium heat until golden, approximately 3-4 minutes. (Longer if frozen) Turn the salmon cakes over with a spatula. Cook until golden brown, crispy and cooked through, approximately 3 minutes..
- Transfer to a serving platter and serve immediately with lemon dill sauce and lemon wedges, if desired..
If you need a quick and yummy salmon dinner/lunch, try this out. It would be nice served in a pita pocket with lettuce, tomato, etc as well. Drain and reserve liquid from salmon. Mix egg, onion, breadcrumbs and salmon together. If mixture is too dry, add some reserved liquid from the salmon.