Vanilla Cake Roll. This vanilla cake roll is bursting with a vanilla flavor and when topped with fresh berries and a sprinkle of confectioners sugar, it really is divine and did I mention pretty too?! You can easily swap out the fresh strawberries with raspberries, blackberries, or even a mixture of your favorites! You could even use coconut extract in place of.
Vanilla Sponge Cake Roll – a simple vanilla cake roll with berries that's perfect for any summer celebration. It's filled with a creamy vanilla mascarpone filling and makes an impressive and light dessert. Growing up, my mom wasn't much of a baker. You can cook Vanilla Cake Roll using 21 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vanilla Cake Roll
- It’s of VANILLA CAKE.
- It’s 6 of large eggs, seperated.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cream of tarter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of buttermilk, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, divided use.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of cake flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s of confectioners sugar for dusting.
- It’s of STRAWBERRY CREAM FILLING.
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of good quality strawberry preserves.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of confectioner's sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of drops of red food color, optional.
- It’s of VANILLA BUTTER CREAM FROSTING.
- You need 1 of recipe Creamy Vanilla Cream Frosting, recipe attached in direction step #15.
- You need of GARNISH.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sprinkles, I used red, white and blue this time. Any color for any occasion is great.
- Prepare of fresh strawberries and blueberries.
Other common names are Swiss Roll, and Roulade. To make a roll, first bake a sponge cake in a shallow jelly-roll pan. After baking the cake is turned out onto a small towel covered in powdered sugar, rolled up, and left to cool. When cooled, unroll the cake, spread with a filling, and then re-roll, chill, slice and serve.
Vanilla Cake Roll step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 15 ×10 by 1 inch jelly roll pan with non stick spray. Line pan with parchment paper and spray paper with non stick spray.
- Have egg whites in one large bowl and egg yolks in another large bowl and have them at room temperature.
- Whisk flour. baking powder and salt in a bowl, set aside.
- Beat egg yolks and buttermilk until light in color and increased in volume. Beat in 1 cup of the sugar and vanilla until well mixed.
- Stir in flour mixture. Making sure it's mixed well but don't overmix.
- With clean and dry beaters beat egg whites and cream of tarter until soft peaks form, slowly add remaing 1/2 cup sugar and beat until glossy peaks form.
- Fold 1/4 of egg whites into egg yolk mixture then fold in remaining in 3 more additions..
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.Bake 16 to 18 minutes until golden and not sticky to touch and it springs back when touched.
- Cool 5 minutes on rack in pan. Run a knife around edges of cake to unstick any edges if cake.
- After cake cools 5 minutes invert onto confectioners sugar dusted kitchen towel. Carefully peel off parchment paper.
- Roll cake up in towel, into a roll. Cool in towel on rack.
- MAKE FILLING.
- Beat cream until soft peaks form, add strawberry jan, confectioner's sugar and vanilla and beat until stiff peaks form. Add drops of food color now if you want a darker pink color..
- Unroll cooled cake and spread strawberry cream over cake.
- Roll cake up, using towel as a guide to tightly roll. Place seam side down on pan and frost withe Creamy Buttcream Frosting recipe attached below, and decorate with sprinkles, strawberries and blueberries. Cake should be stored in refigerator https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/367337-basic-creamy-vanilla-buttercream-frosting.
Add the vanilla extract and beat few more. Spray with baking spray (or grease and flour). Sprinkle powdered sugar onto a large, clean dish towel (same size or bigger than baking sheet). A simple vanilla roll cake with red and green dots and spirals of creamy buttercream is the perfect dessert for Christmas parties. This spiral cake has always caught my attention.