Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup. Masa can be found in the international food section of most grocery stores, but if you can't find it you can make a flour roux on the stove instead. Whisk the roux into the soup, then press the Sauté button and simmer until the soup thickens. The more I use my Instant Pot, the more I love it.
Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup-all the flavors of chicken enchiladas in a bowl of soup. The soup is thickened up with a can of refried beans instead of dairy…this soup can be made dairy free if you want it to be. This version is made in your electric pressure cooker in just a few minutes. You can have Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
- You need 3 of Chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, fresh or frozen.
- You need 28 oz of can, red enchilada sauce.
- Prepare 1 (14 oz) of can black beans, drained & rinsed.
- You need 1 (14 oz) of can corn, drained.
- Prepare 2 (4 oz) of cans diced green chilies.
- You need 1 (28 oz) of can diced tomatoes, with juice.
- It’s 28 oz of Chicken broth.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- It’s of salt.
- You need of Optional ingredient toppings:.
- You need of fresh cilantro.
- Prepare of avocado.
- You need of tortilla chips.
- It’s of sour cream.
- Prepare of queso fresco cheese.
Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup is quick and easy to make in the pressure cooker. It's loaded with chicken, corn, green chiles and diced tomatoes in a light creamy red enchilada sauce and perfect when you're craving a chicken soup recipe with extra spice! Chicken Enchilada Soup: Instant Pot or Crock Pot. I've had my instant pot for a few months now and I continue to be impressed each and every time I use it.
Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup instructions
- Add all ingredients to the Instant pot..
- Close the lid and vent to seal.
- Select manual, and adjust to 35 minutes.
- When finished, allow a 20 minute natural pressure release. Release any remaining pressure..
- Remove Chicken and shred. Place shredded chicken back into the soup..
- Top with your favorite toppings!.
I've made whole chickens, pork carnitas, and dried beans from scratch in less than an hour with essentially no effort on my part. It takes the ease of using a crock pot without the wait. How to make make chicken enchilada soup in the instant pot: Start by browning the chicken thighs on both sides in the instant pot. Remove the chicken to a plate, and then saute the vegetables in the instant pot. I love how this soup has so many hidden veggies in it, including onion, garlic, carrots, celery, and bell pepper.