Instant Pot Pulled Chicken in Spinach gravy. Great recipe for Instant Pot Pulled Chicken in Spinach gravy. A Lazy Day Chicken dish made in Instant Pot Duo Mini. Meat pieces long cooked in spicy spinach and cilantro gravy.
Seal the lid, and close the vent. Set to meat/stew option and adjust heat to high. Reserve the chicken broth when it is done cooking to make the gravy. You can have Instant Pot Pulled Chicken in Spinach gravy using 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Pulled Chicken in Spinach gravy
- It’s 1 of Chicken breast cut to small pieces.
- It’s 2 of Chicken drumsticks(optional or use just breast pieces).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Paprika/Kashmiri Red chilly powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- You need 1 of Tomato chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Black pepper powder.
- You need 2 tsp of Salt(as per taste).
- You need 1/2 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Minced Ginger garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of Garam Masala.
- It’s 2-3 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of Cilantro.
- Prepare 1 cup of Baby spinach.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1 of dollop Heavy cream(optional for garnish).
For the gravy: melt butter in a pan over medium-high heat. Instant Pot Pulled Chicken in Spinach gravy instructions. Heat some oil in the inner pot. Add salt for quick browning of onions.
Instant Pot Pulled Chicken in Spinach gravy instructions
- Keep the Instant Pot on sauté mode set for 20 minutes..
- Heat some oil in the inner pot.Sauté the sliced onions and ginger garlic for about 3 minutes until the onions are slightly translucent. Add salt for quick browning of onions..
- Meanwhile, blend spinach and cilantro with 1/2 cup water into a fine puree..
- Add tomatoes once the onions are done. Close the IP with a glass lid and cook for another 2 minutes, make sure you stir in between.Add few tbsp water if the masala sticks to the bottom of the pot..
- Add all the spices and stir well.Close the IP with glass lid and let it cook for 2 minutes until oil separates from the mixture.Make sure nothing burns or sticks to the bottom. Add few drops of water if needed..
- Now add the green puree to the masala and mix well followed by the chicken pieces and 1/4 cup water..
- Close the Instant pot with the lid and set 'pressure cooker' mode to 15 minutes. Once done, open the lid using the 10 minutes natural release..
- The meat easily should fall off the bones. Thats the doneness. Using two forks shred the meat and pull apart from the bones..
- Remove the bones and cartilages from the gravy. You can reserve them for later use(broth/soups).
- Now if the meat is not fully done you can pressure cook for another 3 minutes or so and allow natural steam release before opening..
- Once the meat is cooked through, check the salt and add pepper if you need more heat. Keep the IP on sauté mode for about 2 minutes and let the gravy thicken. I like to serve hot at this stage with Rice..
- The longer you keep on sauté mode you will get a drier chicken mixture and all the liquid will be evaporated(this texture once warm, can be used for wraps and burgers).
- Turn off the IP or set on 'Keep warm' mode and serve hot garnished with heavy cream and chopped cilantro..
Instant Pot Pulled Chicken in Spinach gravy instructions. Heat some oil in the inner pot. Instant Pot Pulled Chicken in Spinach gravy instructions. Heat some oil in the inner pot. Chicken is still the number one protein in this country, and the Instant Pot means that you can get any number of chicken dishes on the table on a busy weeknight.