Low Carb Taco Casserole (Keto friendly). This recipe for Low-Carb Mexican Taco Casserole puts spicy, cheesy goodness on your table–without the carbs. This family-friendly dish can be part of a low-carb, keto, Atkins, gluten-free, grain-free, or Banting diet. This easy recipe is a taco lover's low-carb dream come true!
Enjoy the taste of tacos without the carbs! It's almost time for Taco Tuesday at our home, and this week I made one of my favorite Mexican dishes that happen to be keto friendly. Delicious Mexican keto taco casserole recipe with ground beef and cheese it's sure to please! You can cook Low Carb Taco Casserole (Keto friendly) using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Low Carb Taco Casserole (Keto friendly)
- You need 1 lb of 80/20 ground beef.
- It’s 1 tbs of chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/8 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar free salsa.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 8 oz of shredded cheddar cheese.
This Mexican Keto Taco Casserole is a delicious low-carb ground beef and cheese recipe that is very easy to learn how to make. This keto mexican beef taco casserole is about to become your favorite! Is the taco casserole keto friendly? Our casserole is super simple with just a few ingredients that you may have on hand if you are living a keto or low carb lifestyle.
Low Carb Taco Casserole (Keto friendly) step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium heat, breaking up to a fine crumble as it cooks. While cooking stir in chili powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper..
- Turn off heat, do not drain beef. Stir in salsa and transfer mixture to a 9×9 casserole dish. Spread out evenly..
- In a medium bowl wisk together eggs, heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Once combined, stir in half the cheese..
- Pour egg mixture over meat mixture in casserole dish. Very gently give the mixtures a slight stir to work some of the cheese down into the meat..
- Top with remaining cheese. Place in oven. Bake uncovered 20-25 minutes or until cheese on top is crispy and golden around the edges. Let rest 10 minutes before serving. Top with your favorite garnishes and enjoy!.
In fact, if you are like us, you already have the cooked taco meat in the freezer. Our chicken taco casserole is simple and flavorful. It's low carb cheesy goodness in a casserole dish – so good you might just eat it out of the casserole dish. Here's another great option for a keto-friendly taco Tuesday! For full recipe, scroll to the bottom.