Slow Cooker Roast Beef. Free Crock Pot Recipes From Kraft® Foods. Find & Share Your Favorite Dishes Now! Slow Cooker Beef Pot Roast Slow Cooker Beef Pot Roast.
Place beef round roast in slow cooker, then add carrots, onion, and celery. Season with garlic powder and black pepper. Pour Worcestershire and barbeque sauce over meat and vegetables. You can cook Slow Cooker Roast Beef using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Roast Beef
- You need 1 of roast (shoulder, rump, arm, whatever looks good to you!).
- Prepare 1/2 can of Coca Cola.
- Prepare 2 cubes of Beef bouillon flavor.
- You need 0.5-1 bag of baby carrots.
- You need 1-2 cans of Irish potatoes.
- It’s 1-2 slices of purple onion (break apart).
- Prepare of Lawry's Seasoned Salt (cover meat & vegetables).
- You need of Mrs. Dash Table Blend (cover meat & vegetables).
- It’s of Garlic Powder (cover meat & vegetables).
Surround your roast with potatoes, onions, carrots, and herbs. Pour over beef broth and Worcestershire. What cut of meat should I use for Slow Cooker Roast Beef? After much experimentation, we can confirm that the best cut to use for a Slow Cooker Sunday Roast Beef – is topside of beef.
Slow Cooker Roast Beef step by step
- Remove roast from fridge and rinse.
- Turn crock pot onto low then add the roast.
- Cover bottom of crock pot with Coca Cola.
- Add the beef cubes to the bottom of the crock pot (in the coke). One left of the roast and one on the right..
- Rinse needed amount of baby carrots and add them to the crock pot..
- Shake Lawry's, Mrs. Dash, and Garlic Powder over roast and even vegetables if needed..
- Cut 1-2 full slices of onion then break them apart over the roast..
- After about 3-4 hours, flip the roast. Make sure to move vegetables so the roast is flat on the bottom in the juice..
- Move some onions to sit on top of the roast. Scrap any potatoes that may have become stuck to the side..
- Reapply all 3 seasonings to the newly exposed roast (and vegetables if you like)..
- Cook on low for around 6-7hours. Longer it cooks, the more tender it will become..
- Keep an eye on moisture and vegetables. If not enough juice is made by the roast, add some water. (Not so it covers the entire roast).
Topside is a lean cut that comes from the top of the cow's rear-end. It works so well slow cooked as the long cooking times break down the meat, and it. Yes, no joke, this was made IN A SLOW COOKER. Stir in beef broth mixture; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Remove beef, potatoes, carrots, celery and onion from the slow cooker; shred beef, using two forks.