Keto Cottage Pie. A delicious keto cottage pie recipe with cauliflower mash topping. Our Keto Cottage Pie recipe is a comforting all-in-one dish, topped with buttery cauliflower mash. It is even better reheated for lunch the next day.
This is a great one to make if you're having people over, or to make for your whole family. Everyone will love it, and they probably won't even know it's low carb! Keto English Cottage Pie A great way to stick to your Keto diet. You can have Keto Cottage Pie using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Keto Cottage Pie
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 of small onion, diced.
- You need 3 sticks of celery, diced.
- It’s 150 gr of tomato sauce.
- It’s 300 gr of minced beef.
- Prepare 150 ml of beef stock.
- It’s 50 gr of mix peas and sweetcorn frozen.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried oregano.
- It’s of Fresh thyme.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Cauliflower mash.
- Prepare 1 of cauliflower head.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 1 cup of cheddar.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
KETO COTTAGE PIE TLDR: Use low carb root vegetables, thicken cottage pie with xanthan gum and tomato paste, make low carb cottage pie with mashed cauliflower instead of potatoes. Like a good low carb beef stew, cottage pie is a comfort food winner. There's a reason it's called comfort food, my friends. Mix in food processor with butter and grated mozz until smooth.) Before going low carb, I used to make cottage pie all the time.
Keto Cottage Pie instructions
- Place a large saucepan over high heat. Add the olive oil, garlic, oregano, onion, and celery and saute for 5 minutes, until the onion is starting to become translucent..
- Add the salt and ground beef, stirring continuously to break apart the meat while it browns. When the beef is browned add the tomato paste and stir well..
- Add the beef stock and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes until the liquid has reduced..
- Add the thyme and frozen mix and simmer for 5 minutes before removing..
- Spoon the beef mixture into your casserole dish and set aside. Preheat your oven to 175°C..
- Fill a large saucepan two-thirds full of water and bring to the boil. Add the cauliflower florets and cook for 7-10 minutes until tender..
- Carefully pour the water and cauliflower florets into a colander and drain well..
- Return the drained cauliflower to the saucepan, along with the butter, salt and pepper. Using your stick blender, blend the cauliflower into a smooth mash..
- Add the egg yolks and blend well, add the grated cheddar and mix. Gently spoon the mashed cauliflower onto the beef mixture into your casserole dish..
- Bake the pie in the oven for 25-30 minutes, until the mash is golden brown..
It was a great way to use up leftover mashed potatoes. But most markets now carry lamb meat. So I decided to try a keto shepherd's pie with ground lamb instead. The main difference between shepherd's pie and cottage pie is the meat. Shepherd's pie is another popular comfort meal in the UK, so if you're interested, check out this keto version here.