Instant pot Portuguese Chicken and Rice. Pour water into the bowl of rice. Make sure all the rice is soaked with water. Make this delicious Instant Pot Portuguese Chicken and Rice Recipe (Pressure Cooker Portuguese Chicken and Rice) Galinha à portuguesa 焗葡國雞飯!
I found one similar to this, but I altered it to my family's liking. Then sprinkle in the seasonings, and add the rice and chicken broth, mixing everything together. Allow it to do a natural release. You can have Instant pot Portuguese Chicken and Rice using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Instant pot Portuguese Chicken and Rice
- It’s 3 of quarter parts of chicken.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of white cooking wine (can use regular white wine).
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s 2 of small potatoes.
- Prepare 3 of carrots.
- You need 1 of small onion.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic minced.
- It’s 1/2 of red pepper.
- You need 1/2 of green pepper.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 3/4 cups of coconut milk.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of jasmine rice.
- You need 1 cup of water.
Once it's released, go ahead and remove the lid, and stir in the thawed peas. Preheat Instant Pot by setting to "Sauté". Instant Pot Chicken and Rice is a delicious Spanish rice recipe made with bone in chicken thighs, rice, and spices, all cooked together for a complete meal! It's my new favorite instant pot dinner recipe!
Instant pot Portuguese Chicken and Rice instructions
- Take the first 4 ingredients and combine them. And marinate the chicken for 20 minutes..
- While the chicken is marinating, quarter the potatoes, slice the onion, cut the carrots into thirds, and slice the peppers into think slices..
- Heat the instant pot to sear with oil. Add onion and garlic.
- Add chicken… let the chicken caramelize before turning over. Add the turmeric, cumin, salt and pepper and stir until fragrant..
- Add the potatoes, carrots, peppers, bay leaves and coconut milk and stir..
- Put rice in a steamer basket then add the water and place in instant pot. Make sure all of the rice is covered with water. Close the lid and set to the chicken setting on your instant pot..
It's a beautiful thing when you find the perfect instant pot recipe that also makes an all-in-one dinner. This recipe ranks right up there with my old favorites, Instant Pot Chicken Taco. This canja de galinha recipe is a classic Brazilian chicken and rice soup, made in the instant pot with little effort and lots of returns! This delicious, filling and nourishing recipe goes a long way and freezes wonderfully for a week's worth of comforting meals. Brazilian Kitchen Abroad is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising.