Bourbon BBQ Pork Ribs (crockpot). The peppers and onions will keep the ribs out of the liquid (to ensure you don't accidentally end up with pulled pork) and the apple juice will keep your crockpot ribs tender. BONUS TIP: The BEST Bourbon BBQ Sauce for Your Crockpot Ribs. Your crockpot BBQ ribs are almost ready to go!
Season the pork ribs liberally with salt and pepper. Preheat a large skillet over medium high heat. Great recipe for Bourbon BBQ Pork Ribs (crockpot). You can have Bourbon BBQ Pork Ribs (crockpot) using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bourbon BBQ Pork Ribs (crockpot)
- Prepare 3 lb of Boneless country style pork ribs.
- Prepare 1 of as needed Salt & pepper, for the pork.
- Prepare 1 medium of Onion, chopped.
- It’s of bourbon BBQ sauce.
- Prepare 2 cup of Ketchup.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Honey OR brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Dark molasses.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Apple cider vinegar.
- You need 2 tbsp of Spicy mustard.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Bourbon.
- You need 2 tsp of Liquid smoke (available by the Worcestershire sauce in grocery store).
- It’s 1 tsp of Smoked paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of Garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Onion powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Crushed red pepper flakes.
This is a tangy, spicy BBQ pork. Slow cooked all day to fall apart tender perfection. If you like your BBQ sweeter, double the brown sugar and skip the red pepper flakes. These Slow Cooker Pork Ribs with Bourbon BBQ Sauce are easy to make, and oh so delicious!
Bourbon BBQ Pork Ribs (crockpot) step by step
- Put all BBQ sauce ingredients into a sauce pan and let cook on medium, stirring occasionally. Cook for 10-20 minutes while you prepare the pork..
- Season the pork ribs liberally with salt and pepper. Preheat a large skillet over medium high heat..
- Sear the pork in the hot pan…3-5 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Layer the pork and chopped onions in crockpot..
- Pour BBQ sauce over ribs..
- Cook on low 8-12 hours or high 6-8 hours..
The slow cooker does all the work for you so it's super easy. You just throw the ribs into the cooker, whip up the sauce, pour it over the ribs, set the timer and you'll end up with ribs that fall off the bone. For delicious barbecue sandwiches, add honey, barbecue sauce, mustard, and soy sauce to the slow cooker when the meat is done and cook for an additional hour on low. Combine the ketchup, brown sugar, bourbon, horseradish, and hot sauce in a bowl. Add the sauce on each layer of ribs.