Slow Cooker Pork Tacos. Every tortilla dreams of being stuffed with Carnitas. The best of the best of Mexican food, seasoned pork is slow cooked until tender before gently teasing apart with forks and pan frying to golden, crispy perfection. A Tip for the Best Pulled Pork Tacos.
Can I Make Pork Tacos in the Oven? Can I Freeze the Pork Taco Filling? Yes, the slow cooker shredded pork freezes very well. You can cook Slow Cooker Pork Tacos using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Pork Tacos
- It’s 5-6 lbs of Pork Shoulder (bone in preferred).
- You need 4 cups of Beef Broth.
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- It’s 2 of Large Onions (quartered or julienne).
- You need 4 of Poblano peppers (julienne).
- It’s 2 of Jalapenos (diced).
- It’s 2 tbsp of Parsley.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Basil.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Knorr Chicken Bouillon.
- You need of Queso fresco.
- It’s of Mexican sour cream.
- It’s of Corn Tortillas (flour if preferred).
Just be sure to freeze the pork with its juices to prevent it from drying out. Serve pork carnitas with the traditional taco toppings, such as shredded cabbage, diced avocado, queso fresco, cilantro, and lime wedges. If you are feeling real adventurous, make your own corn tortillas while the pork slow cooks. Make pork carnitas tacos for your next backyard cookout and don't forget to add a big pitcher of margaritas.
Slow Cooker Pork Tacos instructions
- Put pork shoulder in roaster. Add all other ingredients. Set roaster to 225 degrees..
- After cooking for 12.5 hours shred for tacos..
- When plating put meat first followed by Onions and Poblanos. Gently squeeze taco at this point to remove juice (trust me even after that you will still bathe in it). Then add Queso Fresco. Drizzle Mexican Sour Cream. Top with Parsley.
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Tacos are just about the easiest, most delicious way to get your Taco Tuesday (or any day's) dinner on the table. If you love slow cooker tacos, then you'll also love my Slow Cooker Korean BBQ Pork Tacos, Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken Tacos, or my Slow Cooker Hawaiian BBQ Pork Wonton Tacos. It's time for a taco night upgrade, and this one won't cost you a penny more. Budget-friendly Slow-Cooker Carnitas are juicy, full of flavor, and perfect for filling up your Pulled Pork Tacos. A fuss-free recipe great for weeknight dinners and stress-free entertaining.