Hainan Chicken (Instant Pot). Make this Easy Singaporean Instant Pot Hainanese Chicken Rice (Instant Pot Hainan Chicken; Chinese: 海南雞飯)! Classic comforting chicken and rice meal with a homey chicken soup. Dip the tender & juicy Hainanese Chicken Sauces with a spoonful of flavorful & fragrant rice.
Place chicken breast or thighs cut into small pieces on top of the rice. Put the chicken into the instant pot. Pour chicken broth to the max line and season the broth with salt to taste. You can cook Hainan Chicken (Instant Pot) using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hainan Chicken (Instant Pot)
- Prepare 2-4 of chicken thighs.
- Prepare 3 stalks of green onions.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s of Ginger slices to taste.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of unsalted chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of white rice.
- It’s 3 inch of long piece of ginger, minced.
- You need 4 of green onions, green sections minced.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Peanut oil.
SPRINKLE IN THE RICE: Sprinkle the rice on top and gently push the rice into the liquid so the rice will get. This Instant Pot Hainanese Chicken Rice is a light, refreshing all-in-one entree. Filipinos have been captivated by this Singapore-style chicken dish. It's popular restaurant fare or served often at home.
Hainan Chicken (Instant Pot) instructions
- Heat instant pot on the saute function and wait until hot.
- Add olive oil, then saute green onions, ginger, and garlic for several minutes.
- Pour in chicken stock and deglaze the bottom of the pot, then add chicken legs.
- Close instant pot and pressure cook on high for 8 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and natural release when done.
- When removing chicken legs, place them immediately in an ice bath, then on a cooling rack.
- Filter the chicken stock and use it to cook the rice.
- Ginger sauce: combine ginger and green onions with a food processor, or mince by hand and place in heat-resistant bowl. Add salt to taste… more is usually required than you would think..
- Heat enough peanut oil to completely cover mix to smoking point. Place bowl in the sink and pour hot peanut oil over top. Be careful, the oil will spatter!.
- Allow sauce to cool and pour off excess oil. If ginger still tastes too "raw," sauce can be further cooked in the microwave..
This is a delicately-flavored dish that balances the decadence of holiday meals. This also transforms to a family meal. The chicken is poached in water flavored with fresh ginger, scallions. When time is complete, remove chicken from Instant Pot and plunge immediately into an bath of ice water to arrest the cooking process. Heat up the Instant Pot (Saute).